Friday, October 23, 2015

How to Not be Bored in Ballet Part 3

Hey there!

So this post has two tips because they fit in with each other quite nicely, and are almost inter changeable. After this post, their will only be one more, and then onto another topic. These tips are best to help you not be bored in ballet. So......here they are!!!

3. Focus on something
 A lot of times you might have no 'focus' except for can we please just never do barre! during ballet. This will definitely make you bored so find something you can focus on. Find something a teacher called you out on a while ago or recently such as "Make sure you're keeping your turnout!" focus on that! It doesn't have to be something the teacher said just to you, it can be others to. If the teacher says, 'make sure not to drop your elbow' to the girl across the room, make sure you do it to. Even if she/he says it to no one in particular make sure you apply the correction. The majority of the time teachers have a 'focus' to the class. Last night in ballet, Brenda's class 'focus' was turn out. She had noticed it was something our whole studio struggled with. She gave us many great tips such as using your plie to strengthen your turnout. Although she did very simple and somewhat boring combos, it was so then we could focus on our turnout, and having a focus helped me not get bored.

4. Challenge your self
I always like to keep a goal in mind, it helps me focus and makes me feel really really good if I complete the goal. It can be something like can I improve my turnout, or have a strong accent where it needs to be in a combo. It can be as hard as getting both of your splits (THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN IN A DAY, but if you are really close then go for it), getting above 90ยบ which I recently learned from this site that it means like a cross, (THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN IN A DAY IT TAKES STRENGTH AND FLEXIBILITY, but it's a good long term goal). It can be as simple as having fun or completely focusing on ballet.
My attempt to get an attitude arabesque, it was my challenge

I hoped this helped you with how not to be bored in ballet, I really hope that this makes ballet exciting to you even on the dull days! I'm so happy that you have taken the time to read my post!

- Ali Grace

Okay so these posts was meant to be up a week ago, but I got really really distracted, and ended up with an hour of dance footage so if you would to interested in that, here is a little bit:



Anyway posts will hopefully be up every weekend preferably by midday Saturday, but no promises.

If you like the leotard I was wearing it comes from here, and the tights and shoes come from here

If you like any of the songs I got them from this playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment