Friday, October 23, 2015

What's in my Dance Bag? Part 1: Pointe Shoes

Hey There!

First of all thank you soooooooooooo much for anwsering the poll on the side of my blog! This helps me so much because then I know what you want to hear. This post was so much fun! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. So, without further to do.... here is what's in my dance bag! All pictures were taken by me. 

This is my dance bag:

Just kidding, this is my dance bag:


Let's get a good look at it:

Ya, it's kinda messy, but I try. You'd be surprised how many things can fit in it, and these are things I use every day for dance. I hope this gets you inspired for things you can put in your dance bag!
Here are my pointe shoes:
I love my pointe shoes, they are my second pair. My first were Russian Pointe. I love Bloch, I feel like they look the prettiest on my feet. I am over my box on both of my feet, and I am getting pretty good at a single turn en pointe! I also got my first blister on this pair of shoes. It wasn't because of the shoes though, it was because I wore my friend's mother's Ugg boots without socks. If you want to hear more about this blister, my pointe shoes or my first pair of pointe shoes, please vote for it on the side.
This is all the things I need for pointe, my toe pads, tape, band-aids, waxy thread and socks, and the bag for my pointe shoes. My toe pads are Ouch Pouches by Capezio. They are my first and only pair of toe pads, and I like them, they make pointe a little easier. My favorite thing in this group would probubly be my tape. I don't know the brand, but I call it magic tape. It helps support my feet, and keeps my band-aids on. Last year when I had hurt my arch, I wrapped this around it and my arch felt way better. I adore my band-aids. They are just typical Western Family band-aids. I have been using them with my blister and the majority of the time they make sure the blood doesn't get everywhere. Now, the waxy thread/floss. DO NOT I BEG OF YOU USE WAXY THREAD TO SEW YOUR POINTE SHOES! My friend, Mikelle would know this. We used it to sew our pointe shoes and it just doesn't work. The wax gets everywhere. Just use the normal kind. I love my socks because, If you want to walk around the house or carpet with your pointe shoes and you don't want the bottom to get frayed, just put the socks on and then they are protected!

No comments:

Post a Comment