Thursday, November 12, 2015

My Attempt at Being the White Swan

Hi there!

I know I haven't been very active on this blog recently, I'm sorry! A lot has been going on, but I plan to keep getting a post up every week. This post is about Halloween, and I know it wasn't called for but... I'm still going with it so here it is!

Once upon a time there was me on a lazy summer day, bored. Being a ballet fangirl my first instinct was to watch a ballet on YouTube. Because I happened to be very bored I decided to watch my favorite ballet of all time, Swan Lake. Long story short, Prince Siegfried must get married for his birthday, but can't find a bride and next thing you know he falls in love with a swan princess, invites her to the ball pledges his love to the wrong girl, shoots the girl he fell in love with and drowns himself. It's very sad, but stunningly beautiful. So I was watching this when I got an idea. I grabbed my phone and texted Taylor, "I KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD BE FOR HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!", she totally agreed and we were dead set on being the black and white swan for halloween.
The Black Swan is the White Swan's doppelgänger, sent to the prince's ball by the guy who turned the White Swan into a swan in the first place.
Image courtesy of: DailyPainters.com
Fast forward a while later, we bedazzled our stunning tutus and the day of Halloween arrived. We were planning to get together later after Waltz of the Flowers practice. (Yes, I had Nutcracker practice on Halloween). If you know anything about me you should know I am terrible at planning! So Waltz comes and goes and I'm at home rushing around my room throwing clothes and costume pieces into my black sleepover bag and rushing into the car. I arrive at Taylor's house where she and Alicia (who was coming with us as Giselle from the ballet Giselle) were already prepared and ready to walk our the door. I want you to picture how I looked in this scenario. My hair was a mess from my attempting to do my bun in the car, clothes were literally falling out of the bag I was holding and I had a look of panic on my face. Taylor was just like, "Your not ready at all!!!" like she was my fairy godmother getting me ready for the ball. I was rushed into her bathroom (a.k.a. makeup studio), and she slicked my hair into an impeccable bun and made me truly look like a beautiful, innocent swan.
From right to left: Me, Alicia, Taylor
Photo courtesy of: Taylor's Dad
So the night went very well and many people said that we were their, "favorite costume of the night" and were blown away by our pointe shoes. Now, about the pointe shoes. As for the pointe shoes beautiful as they were, they hurt! After we had done half of the houses Alicia had three blisters, and my arches felt like they were going to fall off. Long story short by the end we were leaning on each other to stand and singing Les Mis like our lives depended on it. Although pain happened to all our feet, and we fell asleep right as our heads hit the pillow, it was one of the best Halloweens I had ever had.
My feet after Halloween
Photo courtesy of: Me
Taylor's blood blister from Halloween
Photo courtesy of: Taylor
Alicia's three blisters
Photo courtesy of: Alicia
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this don't worry, more posts will be up soon! I'm so happy you took the time to read my blog!

- Ali Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment