Sunday, January 31, 2016

Dear Megan Fairchild...

Dear Megan Fairchild!!!
Image Courtesy of: PlayBill Vault

Hello!!!!!!! To think that you would ever stumble across my blog is crazy to think about! I'm a big fan of you and how far you've come in your dancing journey! I have so many questions to ask you like, what was it like when you were picked to join New York City Ballet? How did you come from Salt Lake City and make it to New York City Ballet? What was the hardest part? What's your favorite thing about dancing? What inspires you to dance? What was it like to win the L. Wien Award? But anyway, I'm not here to ask questions but to tell you about why you inspire me, and about my blog.

You inspire me so much, because you were about to work your way up to being a principal dancer in one of the greatest ballet companies in America today! I also think it's really cool that your brother is also apart of your dancing story and dances with you as a principal as well! It's crazy to think that you were a part of Ballet West's company too, which I have seen preform several times and are amazing! From the video clips that I've seen of you dancing I can tell that you love dance immensely and are able to bring emotion and character to the stage.  I've been dreaming of seeing New York City Ballet preform live and to see you preform as well would be a dream come true!
Megan Fairchild preforming in Giselle
Image courtesy of: Woman Fitness 

I also live in Utah and have a great passion for dancing and inspire one day to be on stage at the Lincoln Center! I love dancing and started my dancing career at a very young age as well in a small town. Dance lets me take a brake from real life and lets me express my self and let go. The fact that you were able to chase your dream of dancing and preforming and actually make it happen is part of what drives me to work hard and commit to dancing. I dance because I want to share the joy I have with the world and I feel like I'm right where I belong when I'm preforming. I also couldn't live without it. :)

I choose ballet as the topic of my blog because I want to share the joy of dancing with others. I hope that when you read my blog you see another aspiring ballerina who's passion is for dancing. I hope that you would relate to some of my posts because you once started in a small town, and understand having ballet with you from an early age. I would like it very much if you you came back to my blog because you find what I say entertaining and want to tune in to my dancing journey, as I dance through life.

If you really are reading this, thank you for taking the time to read my blog, and I hope it was worth it.

An aspiring ballerina,
- Ali Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment