Saturday, January 9, 2016

NUTCRACKER IS OVER - But me posting about it isn't!

Hi there.

You guys Nutcracker is over. *moment of silence for the 2015 Nutcracker*. I'M SO SAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!! Yes, I know all of you know that the Nutcracker was over about three, four weeks ago, but now I'm going to write a post about, because I really wanted it to still be Nutcracker and it's not. So this post is dedicated to all the things Nutcracker. 

Dress Rehearsal:
Got to the Eccles Center a little late, freaking out because me and my mom couldn't find one of my academy earrings. I got into warm up late, but I was so excited, I could see all the seats, and I got to put my pointe shoes on, and I had a GREAT turning day. (I got a triple which I never get .... EVER).
Eccles Center Stage during dress rehearsal. Magical.
Photo Credits: tripadvisor
And we got to do sautes arabesques, which are my favorite things ever. Then I got to see my darling children, and I gave them the candy cane reindeers that I made for them, they were really really excited. I was so happy they liked them!!! But I had to leave them, because I had to get changed. So I got changed, and then when to see my buffoons and one of them, Sammy, wanted to see what dance they were on so then we went backstage to see what they were on. It was the one right before snow, doses anyone remember which one that is? Then I told her, "Sammy I'm really sorry, you have to go I almost forgot about helping my friend change." So she went and I got there just in the nick of time to help Nicole change from Snow to Arabians with one dance in between, Elephants. Needless to say very stressful. Especially when we couldn't find enough bobby pins. After that I when't back to check on the buffoons then did my base makeup (primer, foundation, concealer, highlighter), and then watched a few dances on stage with my darlings.
Candy canes I made for my buffoons, I drew in the pom pom because it fell off.
Then I asked Sandy about the skirt and me, Sandy, Claire and Taylor got backstage and helped me change into my giant skirt. I was so happy because I wasn't standing but sitting. We got all the buffoons underneath and the dance went great!!!!! The only hard part was when they turned me, attempting not to hit anyone with my pointe shoes (this didn't work I hit Claire), and actually getting off stage, because Claire and Taylor didn't know where they were going and neither did I. So them I had to get off the skirt which was really hard because I could barely even move. This is how that 30ish seconds went:
Me screaming at Claire and Taylor to stop helping me and get to the other side of the stage.
Claire listen but Taylor kept helping me.
Me and and Taylor book it across the stage while ripping a wig off my head.
Pushing through the swarms of little kids most likely looking like a maniac yelling, "I HAVE TO BE ON THE STAGE RIGHT NOW!!!"
Then, right as the all the corps were about to exit, I dramatically enter the stage, fall, scoot my self over to the right spot, then five seconds later, exit the stage with the rest of the corps. Yes, before all of you go crazy I knew that I was not supposed to go onstage because I was already late but I thought I could make it. Anyway after that we spaced Waltz for the longest time and everyone was getting really mad because we only had 30 minutes for lunch. End of dress rehearsal.

I hope you liked this post! Sorry for such an abrupt ending more to come later about the two shows. I am unsure about wather or not I should do a post about the Nutcracker costumes, so if you could vote on the poll that would be amazing! I'm so glad you took the time to read my post!

- Ali Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment