Monday, May 2, 2016

The Struggle is Real ....

Hi there!

Well.....I need three posts before Friday. Typically I'm way ahead on this type of thing, but not this time apparently. SO instead of posting about all the other things I should be posting about (Disney, auditions, stress of upcoming recitals, competitions) I recently got inspired by Bun to Ballet Shoes and I really wanted to do a post concerning the common problems every dance knows. Here we go!

1. No social life ... like at all
When I have taken a look at my social life I've realized it's pretty much not existent...DANCE IS MY SOCIAL LIFE!!!! Amount of friends I have outside of dance: 2, social media: 1 (this blog), Things I do outside of dance with non-dance friends: 1 (maybe). So you may be asking what do us dancers do outside of dance, well here is the answer you've all been waiting for....drumroll please....... we stretch, warm up, do homework, go see ballets, choreography dances, go to pilates, spend time with dancer friends, actually is there anyone outside my immediate family who is/was not a dancer who reads my blog? Show of hands. Let's see 0.....1......oh wait is that someone in the back? ... wait you were just stretching....okay....so 1!!! (Thank you Amanda :).
2. Every dance song ever
My newest loveliest blister
We all know that time when a song you once did a dance to so long ago comes on the radio, and you start sporadically moving your arms and legs? Yup we all know the feeling. But we also all know the weird looks that comes with this kinda thing. Some people look at us stare for a while and then let us go back to whatever the heck we are doing. Others try to help us and ask if we are having a seizure. I mean it doesn't matter where you are when the songs comes on, you have to dance to it. So weather your in the grocery store, middle of class or in disneyland you must dance to the song. Who cares what anyone else thinks, GO FOR IT!!!
3. Feet
Like it or not all dancers develop feet fetishes. We all come to this realization when instead of complementing people on there hair or outfit we complement them on there feet. As dancers we deeply appreciate when we get this complement and feel like our life is put together somehow. (I mean what if someone came up to you right now and said, "You have really nice feet." Think about how good you feel!) But people who are not dancers kinda just look at there feet and fantastic arches and give you a weird look because sadly those amazing arches will never be used for glory. Now don't let me get started on how much I have a feet fetish for my own feet I think the above picture sums it up pretty well.
A portion of my dance closet
4. Dance Wear
Now my all-time favorite thing to is to look for leotards and at dance stuff in general. I could spend (and have) hours on DDS (Discount Dance Supply) and looking at pointe shoes. Dance wear has also taken up half of my closet...

So thank you very much for reading my blog, and thank you to all that have been checking back up with my blog I know It's been a LONG time since I've last posted. A new post will be up on Wednesday and Friday. Til them I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for taking the time to read my blog. :)

- Ali Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment